Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Committed to Christ

Not only for salvation.
For His view of God: as Holy and sovereign. Makes me want to surrender my (free) will to obey His. Seeing God as holy is a fearsome undertaking. It shows me the wretch I really am.
For His view of the world: heartbroken for the sin in it, spending ALL of myself to see it (them) redeemed. Making disciples of them, which requires that we walk alongside them and get to know them and love them.
For His view of sin and the devil: sin in me devastates my relationship with Him. Some sins need to be beat into submission. Some need to be starved to death. Some, God Himself has to remove from me; much like a Dr removes cancerous cells.
Will I choose to commit to Him in such a radical way that I have Christ's view in these matters? As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
I will accept the responsibility of being transformed by the renewing of my mind.
Sent from my BlackBerry Curve

No comments: